The ‘Toxic Trio’ – working with children and families where there is domestic abuse, substance misuse and / or parental mental health issues
Katy Burch, Principal Researcher at IPC, spoke about working with children and families with the ‘toxic trio’ at the Community Care Live Conference in Birmingham on 10th May 2016. Her presentation referenced recent IPC research findings from evaluations of the Department for Education’s Innovation Programme and other UK-wide innovations in children’s social care services.
- What is it about the toxic trio or duo that is so significant for children?
- New findings about prevalence rates
- What are the implications, particularly for preventative social work with children and families?
- What practice models are emerging to improve outcomes for children living in toxic trio / duo households?
- What are some of the pitfalls?
The full presentation is available here.