IPC's expertise - market shaping thought leaders
IPC has led thinking on market shaping, and worked extensively with local authorities, providers and national governments on the market shaping task. We offer expertise in market analysis and developing market position statements, as well as giving support to commissioners wanting to work more closely with their providers - and vice versa.
Examples of our work
- What is Market Shaping? This paper explains what market shaping is, who shapes the market and outlines the building blocks of effective market shaping.
- Market Shaping in Adult Social Care - this paper analyses changes in the care home market in England before and after the Care Act (2014) and summarises experience from IPC’s work on market shaping
- The Care Home Market in Wales: Mapping the Sector prepared for the Minister for Health and Social Care in Wales and the Public Policy Institute for Wales (PPIW) this report reviews the resilience of the care home sector in Wales
- Where the heart is ... a review of the older people's home care market in England gives a picture of the national home care market, some of the challenges it faces and a model for its future development
- A report for the Care Quality Commission which analysed the main factors affecting stability in the adult social care market
- Supporting a large provider of housing and related support services to understand whether its current range of services was fit for the future, including research into its main competitors for this client and recommendations for business development
- An analysis of businesses and skills within the care sector in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly for the Cornwall Development Company to understand current and future demand, availability of services and market opportunities afforded by an ageing population over the next 20 years
- Conducting a strategic market review for a county council in England, exploring current and future demand and market supply, and developing recommendations to shape the local market in the future
- An exploration of the strengths and weaknesses of the Children’s Residential Care Market in England