Applied research and evaluation
Are your services and policies working?
You need to know what difference your services or policies are making to people's lives and how they could be improved. With our support, you can find out whether the right resources are delivering the right outcomes to the right people. This will help you to improve services and inform commissioning decisions for improved effectiveness.
IPC undertakes applied research and evaluation such as evidence reviews, analysis of policy and service evaluations.
Clear and accessible reports
We deliver clear and accessible reports and work with you to embed learning within your organisation or sector, enabling you to continue to monitor and review what you do.
Examples of our work
- National evaluation of the Adoption Support Fund (ASF) for the Department for Education (2018-2021) including in particular its impact on:
- Children and families receiving ASF-funded therapeutic support
- The practice of and commissioning by agencies such as local authorities and Regional Adoption Agencies
- The market for therapeutic adoption support provided by a range of agencies
- For Seafarers UK, a large scale evaluation of the health and social care needs of Merchant Navy Veterans across the UK and of two innovative approaches providing specialist support to meet their needs (2017–2020) (link to Seafarers UK in here)
- Analysis of outcomes for all children with a Care Order in Wales in 2012–13 (awaiting publication by Welsh Government in 2018)
- Evaluation of Department for Education ‘Wave II’ funded Innovation and Partners in Practice Programmes for Children’s Social Care (2018–2021) including:
- A ‘Positive Futures’ Programme in Calderdale supporting vulnerable young parents including looked after children and care leavers
- An Alternative Delivery Model for Children’s Services in Cornwall and the North of Tyne areas
- An extension of the successful Innovation Programme in Hampshire
- A recently completed evaluation of the Barnardo’s Mandala Service providing creative therapies for children who have experienced trauma, abuse and loss or who have become adopted in the South West of England.
- Evaluation of a continuum of innovative Family Support Services in Newport. Link in here to our publications about the Family Support Services in Newport.
- Evaluation of an innovative mental health service supporting young people admitted to hospital in a crisis.
We can support you with
- Quantitative and qualitative applied research
- Policy analysis
- Service evaluation
- Evidence reviews