Market facilitation: guidelines for children and young people's services
- children and young people
- early intervention and prevention
- market shaping
Date: May 2012
Type: Guidelines, report
Market facilitation is becoming an increasingly significant part of the commissioner’s role, and these guidelines are intended to help commissioners to consider:
- the policy and practice behind the increasing emphasis on market facilitation
- the activities involved in market facilitation
- how local information and intelligence can be used to help create a market position statement and how that can help to facilitate a more constructive relationship between commissioners, providers and families.
This guide, developed by IPC as part of the Commissioning Support Programme on behalf of the Children's Improvement Board, focuses particularly on services concerned with early intervention and prevention for children, young people and families, but it is also applicable to all children’s and young people’s services markets. The guidelines can also be accessed via the LGA Knowledge Hub.
For further information please contact Fiona Richardson at IPC
Tel: 01225 484088