Developing a Market Position Statement: A Commissioner's Toolkit
- children and young people
- market shaping
Date: March 2014
IPC was asked by the Social Services Improvement Agency (‘SSIA’) to produce guidance for commissioners of adult and children’s social care in Wales on how to develop a market position statement.
There is no statutory requirement for market position statements in Wales but developing an accurate picture of need and markets is a key activity for effective commissioning. The toolkit developed by IPC offers support for commissioners in developing market position statements for the social care market.
The toolkit was developed following a series of workshops on market facilitation and a consultation workshop attended by commissioners from across Wales in spring 2013.
It contains the following:
- A summary of key national policy and guidance.
- An evaluation of the key ideas informing market facilitation.
- An overview of what should be included in a market position statement.
- Frequently asked questions.
- Example market position statements for both adults and children’s social care.