Applied research and evaluation
Are your services and policies working?
You need to know what difference your services or policies are making to people's lives and how they could be improved. With our support, you can find out whether the right resources are delivering the right outcomes to the right people. This will help you to improve services and inform commissioning decisions for improved effectiveness.
IPC undertakes applied research and evaluation such as evidence reviews, analysis of policy and service evaluations.
Clear and accessible reports
We deliver clear and accessible reports and work with you to embed learning within your organisation or sector, enabling you to continue to monitor and review what you do.
Examples of our work
- Evaluation of Dementia Friendly Communities projects in Hampshire and Oxfordshire to explore whether project objectives had been achieved over the two years of its operation, including quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, and awareness sessions for more than 3,400 people
- We are an independent evaluation partner for the Department for Education’s Innovation Programme, supporting two innovation sites. We are supporting Windsor and Maidenhead to improve targeted, culturally attuned family support to families at risk of requiring a Child in Need intervention / Child Protection Plan and Hampshire and the Isle of Wight to achieve a reduction in demand for social work-led interventions. To inform these evaluations we produced a series of What Works literature reviews:
- the role of volunteers within family support
- supporting children and young people at risk of sexual exploitation
- working with families with toxic trio issues
- the value of enhanced administrative support to social workers
- what works for young people on the edge of care
- how to deliver effective culturally attuned family support
- A research project for Skills for Care to investigate whether workplace violence is an issue for personal assistants and what the main issues facing this group are
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of an innovative transition programme for young people with a learning disability
- A service evaluation of a telecare scheme aimed at preventing admission to residential care
We can support you with
- Quantitative and qualitative applied research
- Policy analysis
- Service evaluation
- Evidence reviews