Advanced Diploma in Leading Care Services
This management development programme is aimed specifically at managers of care services: care homes, domiciliary care or other agencies and housing associations. Uniquely, it develops leadership and management skills combined with a real understanding of managing practice.
The Advanced Diploma in Leading Care Services addresses the everyday challenges facing managers of care services, such as how to grow a sustainable business, how to manage the performance of staff, and how to meet inspection criteria. The aims of the programme are to:
- Help managers understand the current drivers of public care services and the implications for their businesses
- Enable managers to be better equipped to lead and deliver person-centred care that result in good outcomes for service users
- Support managers to assess and address their own ability to lead care services in a diverse and competitive market
How this course works
The Diploma is studied over a twelve month period. It has three compulsory modules plus you choose one optional module.
- Assessing and Developing Personal Skills – compulsory module
- Leading and Managing Care Services – compulsory module
- The Care Market and Marketing – compulsory module
- Leading Quality Improvement – optional module
- Independent Study – optional module
- Managing Finance and Information – optional online module
- Managing People and Organisations – optional online module
Oxford Brookes University accreditation
You can choose to accredit your learning from this programme. You could gain an Advanced Diploma in Leading Care Services from Oxford Brookes University which equates to 60 CATS credits at undergraduate level 6.