Middle Manager Development Programme
IPC has been commissioned by the Social Services Improvement Agency (SSIA) to deliver this programme for social care middle managers across Wales. This national programme is designed specifically to help you improve your strategic and operational leadership within the context of the requirements of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014.
How this programme works
This intensive programme includes taught days, individual support and coaching, facilitated action learning sets and assessed assignments as well as self-study. It is studied over a 15 month period and divided into three modules:
Developing as a Leader
- The role and characteristics of leadership in social care
- How to influence others and collaborate effectively across boundaries
- Understanding the impact of your local and national political context on your role
Shaping social care
- Shaping the market to deliver transformed services for our citizens
- What matters in effective joint working between health and social care as a way of delivering better outcomes
- Engaging positively with our local communities
Delivering better outcomes
- Leading and supporting development and change
- Implementing cultural change in a transforming environment
- Enhancing and managing performance within teams, across organisational boundaries, and with a range of stakeholders
The programme includes four individual developmental coaching sessions to support you to be able to apply your learning effectively in the workplace. Here is more information about MMDP coaching and biographies of the coaches can be downloaded here:
- Sarah Broadhurst
- Åsa Johnsson Humphries
- Mike Lewis
- Steve Merrell
- Margaret Sheather
- Mari Ellis Roberts
- Arthur Turner
Oxford Brookes University accreditation
On successful completion of the programme, you will gain a postgraduate certificate in Strategic and Operational Leadership in Social Care from Oxford Brookes University which equates to 60 CATS credits at postgraduate level 7.
Find out more about MMDP
Here are further details about the Middle Manager Development Programme, including dates of the next programme.
To book your place contact Christine Brennan on 01225 484088 or email us on email@example.com.