Team Manager Development Programme
The Team Manager Development Programme develops leadership and management skills with a real understanding of managing practice. This year-long programme is specifically aimed at social care team managers and senior practitioners across Wales.
How this programme works
This programme includes taught days, individual support, facilitated action learning sets and assessed assignments as well as self-study. It is divided into three modules.
An Introduction to Managing Practice Quality
- An introduction to practice quality
- Managing practice quality in context
- Service users and carers at the centre of quality improvement
- Managing demand and capacity
Evidencing Performance and Quality
- Promoting and embedding evidence-informed practice
- Performance management
- Validating performance – the role of inspection and service review
Leading and Managing for Quality
- Team leadership in social care
- Enhancing and managing the performance of teams and individuals
- Leading and supporting development and change
Oxford Brookes University accreditation
On successful completion of the programme, you will gain a postgraduate certificate in Managing Practice Quality in Social Care from Oxford Brookes University which equates to 60 CATS credits at postgraduate level 7. Download the student handbook in English or the student handbook in Welsh for more details.
Dates of our next programmes
Our next Team Manager Development Programmes start on:
- 5 October 2017 in North Wales
- 5 December 2017 in South West Wales
- 19 April 2018 in South East Wales
Download further details about the Team Manager Development Programme, including costs and download the latest programme dates. To book your place, ask your council's Workforce Development Manager to download, complete and return this form or contact us on 01865 488353 or email@example.com.