Team Manager Development Programme
IPC is commissioned by the Social Services Improvement Agency (SSIA) to deliver this year-long programme for social care team managers across Wales.
The Team Manager Development Programme develops leadership and management skills with a real understanding of managing practice.
Here’s a short film made by the SSIA featuring students discussing their experience of the programme.
How this programme works
This programme includes taught days, individual support, facilitated action learning sets and assessed assignments as well as self-study. It is divided into three modules.
An Introduction to Managing Practice Quality
- An introduction to practice quality
- Managing practice quality in context
- Service users and carers at the centre of quality improvement
- Managing demand and capacity
Evidencing Performance and Quality
- Promoting and embedding evidence-informed practice
- Performance management
- Validating performance – the role of inspection and service review
Leading and Managing for Quality
- Team leadership in social care
- Enhancing and managing the performance of teams and individuals
- Leading and supporting development and change
Oxford Brookes University accreditation
On successful completion of the programme, you will gain a postgraduate certificate in Managing Practice Quality in Social Care from Oxford Brookes University which equates to 60 CATS credits at postgraduate level 7.
Find out more about TMDP
Here are further details about the Team Manager Development Programme, including dates, location and costs.