This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Institute of Public Care (IPC), trading as Oxford Brookes Enterprises Ltd, Harcourt Hill Campus, Oxford, OX2 9AT, UK will be the Data Controller of any personal data that you supply. This means that we will make the decisions on how your data is used and for what reasons. We may also act as a data processor of your personal information in certain circumstances, in which case we will process personal information only under the instructions of our clients.
What information do we collect?
- Contact information. We collect personal contact information from clients that purchase our Services (or the key contacts that work for our clients) to help us administer the delivery of those services. For students attending IPC courses we ask for further information including date of birth, qualifications and specific learning needs and dietary requirements as well as the contact details of your line manager to help support you throughout the course.
- Mailing list (optional). We use contact information and basic sector of interest preference (e.g. Adult Social Care, Children’s Social Care or both) when you voluntarily consent in order to receive notification emails and marketing communications from us. We administer the mailing list using Mailchimp software: a tool that provides user behaviour and system data e.g. your clicks, linked pages visited, device / email platform type (desktop/tablet/phone), IP address, location (city/country), language, and similar metadata.
How will we use this information?
We collect and store information about you in a secure offline database in order to be able to administer our services and courses and, if you agree, to contact you about other services we offer which may be of interest to you.
Student data will be processed and stored at Oxford Brookes University to form an official student record. Please refer to the Oxford Brookes Student Privacy notice for full details.
We will also use the information we gather to improve your experience of using our website.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases, the legal basis will be one of the following:
- You consent to providing it to us.
- The legal basis for processing your personal data, for responding to your enquiry or request is that processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interest pursued by the controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
- Any information subsequently processed via third parties (see above) is considered to be in the legitimate interests of IPC and does not violate your fundamental right to privacy.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
Will we transfer your data outside the European Economic Area?
Oxford Brookes University uses G-suite platorms such as Gmail or Google Drive from Google, Inc. to communicate with individuals and to securely store/share data. Data may be located outside the United Kingdom, including the United States of America and is coverd by the Privacy Shield Framework.
What rights do you have regarding your personal data that we hold?
- You have the right to be informed.
- You have the right of access to your data.
- You have the right to correct data if it is wrong.
- You have the right to ask for your data to be deleted.
- You have the right to restrict use of the data we hold.
- You have the right to data portability.
- The right to object to IPC using your data.
- You have rights in relation to using your data automated decision making and profiling.
Are there any consequences if you do not provide the requested data?
Yes, we may not be able to effectively administer services to you without the information requested.
How long will we keep your data?
IPC will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to:
- Fulfil the purpose for which the data was collected or obtained.
- Fulfil our own obligations under UK Law.
Your personal data will be securely deleted once either of these conditions no longer apply. If you are attending an IPC course please refer to the Oxford Brookes Student Privacy notice for full details of data retention.
Data that you submit when subscribing is retained for the duration of your professional contact with us, unless you request otherwise. We regularly delete inactive data based on returned email reports.
Personal data not otherwise described above will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected after which time it will be securely deleted.
User-level data is retained in Google Analytics for 14 months after your use of our website.
The names, images and logos identifying IPC are proprietary marks of the the Institute of Public Care / Oxford Brookes Enterprises Ltd. If you wish to use any of these logos, you must obtain prior approval from the copyright manager by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who to contact if you have any questions or concerns
You can contact the Information Management Team using the contact details below.
Postal Address: GDPR Queries, Information Management Team, IT Services, Room 2.12, Gibbs Building, Headington Campus, Gipsy Lane, Oxford, OX3 0BP
Tel: 01865 485420
Changes to this policy