Shaping the whole continuum of need
Here at IPC our consultancy, applied research, evaluation and skills development activities as well as our publications relate to all aspects of the continuum of need for children and families.
Early help to remedial intervention
That said, we have begun to focus more on early help for families facing difficult times through to specialist social care services, including child in need, child protection, and services for looked after children and care leavers. We're also looking at how these different parts of the continuum relate to and support each other to ensure that children and families are getting the right help at the right time.
Examples of our work
- We are an independent evaluation partner for the Department for Education’s Innovation Programme, supporting two innovation sites.
- Support to develop an improved service model for children’s services, and management structures, for South Gloucestershire Council
- An in-depth evaluation of an innovative partnership model between Newport City Council and Barnardo’s to provide integrated family support services
- An exploration of the strengths and weaknesses of the Children’s Residential Care Market in England
- Work with the majority of local authorities in Wales to review and refine Team around the Family and broader early help arrangements established in response to the Welsh Government’s Families First Programme
- Support to a regional consortium to explore options for the development of regional delivery of adoption and adoption support services
- A project to support the implementation of a new 0-25 children with disabilities service, including developing assessment and threshold guidance for staff in the south-west of England
- Evaluation of Participation Services for Barnardo’s