Middle Manager Development Programme
IPC has been commissioned by Social Care Wales to deliver this programme for social care middle managers across Wales. This national programme is designed specifically to help you improve your strategic and operational leadership within the context of the requirements of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014.
To book your place, check with your council's Workforce Development Manager and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
How this programme works
This intensive programme includes taught days, individual support and coaching, facilitated action learning sets and assessed assignments as well as self-study. It is studied over a 12 month period and divided into three modules:
Developing as a Leader
- The role and characteristics of leadership in social care
- How to influence others and collaborate effectively across boundaries
- Understanding the impact of your local and national political context on your role
Shaping social care
- Shaping the market to deliver transformed services for our citizens
- What matters in effective joint working between health and social care as a way of delivering better outcomes
- Engaging positively with our local communities
Delivering better outcomes
- Leading and supporting development and change
- Implementing cultural change in a transforming environment
- Enhancing and managing performance within teams, across organisational boundaries, and with a range of stakeholders
The programme includes four individual developmental coaching sessions to support you to be able to apply your learning effectively in the workplace. Here is more information about MMDP coaching and biographies of our coaches can be found here.
Oxford Brookes University accreditation
On successful completion of the programme, you will gain a postgraduate certificate in Strategic and Operational Leadership in Social Care from Oxford Brookes University which equates to 60 CATS credits at postgraduate level 7. Download the student handbook in English or the student handbook in Welsh for more details.